PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (including credit card numbers, debit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
When you make a purchase in the store, we collect certain information from you, including your name, payment information (including credit card numbers, debit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We also refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising at any of the links below:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- PINTEREST - https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalized-ads-pinterest
- STEELHOUSE - https://steelhouse.com/opt-out/
- QUANTCAST - https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Lastly, you can opt out of direct mail services by visiting the Direct Marketing Association at: https://dmachoice.thedma.org/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Our services are generally not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 16 without parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
In proportion to the sensitivity of the information, we maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and/or physical safeguards and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, as no electronic data transmission or storage of information is completely secure. If an incident is reported affecting your information, we will investigate and comply with all required reporting obligations.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO THE GDPR
This section applies to you only if your Personal Information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We collect your Personal Information in the manner described in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above.
We use your Personal Information for the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Personal Information” section above. However, use of your Personal Information will be limited (i) to entering into or fulfilling contracts with you, (ii) to the legitimate purposes described in the “How We Use Your Personal Information” that are not overridden by your rights, and (iii) to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not disclose your Personal Information, it may prevent our ability to enter into a contract with you.
You may have certain rights regarding your Personal Information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your Personal Information;
- correct the information we hold about you;
- erase your Personal Information;
- restrict our use of your Personal Information;
- object to our use of your Personal Information;
- withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Information, if applicable;
- receive your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (if applicable).
Your Personal Information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States and Canada.
Your Personal Information will only be retained for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected.